ss_blog_claim=8dcabb3175f064b32823a45ed345083b Majik's Thoughts: One Year of Blogging

9/23/2008

One Year of Blogging

Yesterday this blog turned One. I was busy watching a hockey game instead of posting about blogging for one year. Since I am a huge hockey fan I just had to watch the first preseason game last night, my team won the game which made watching the game seem a little sweeter. Anyway, I spent a few minutes reflecting on the past year.

Some of my previous posts have been coming to mind recently. The current elections in both Canada and the US remind me of a post I wrote back when I had first started blogging...A Brave New North America. The recent changes to the electoral system in Canada which now has a set date for Federal elections reminds me of the US electoral system where you have a federal election every four years. The possibility of a Majority Government getting in this election seems imminent and would set our next federal election to be held in four years mimicking the US. If one was looking to create a North American Union similar to the European Union, one could speculate that this would be the first step.

Last November I wrote a post about some technology that is changing the face of travel in the US. Big Brother is Watching! is my reflection on the eerie similarities between George Orwell's 1984 and our current society where there is a camera almost every where you turn. One of my favorite books in school was the Orwellian classic.

I did not just write about grim subjects either. I wrote a post about the Birth of a Nation an informative piece about Canada written on July 1st. I really enjoyed writing that piece and was thankful for all of the comments I received on that post.

Another thing I started was a photography corner, although recently I have not been able to find the time to get some pictures. I'll have some soon I think. My favorite one was #2, one of the best photo's I have taken with an aging camera. But I think that is enough reflection for now...elections are right around the corner and there are a few things I would like to call attention to before they take place. I'll mostly be delving into Canadian politics which I have a better understanding of than US politics. I hope you have enjoyed reading some of my blasts from the past and hope you will comeback to see what the future brings here at "Majik's Thoughts."

Before I finish this post and run go to bed I have to ask; how old is your blog?

9 comments:

Libdrone said...

Hippo Birdies to you. My blog celebrated one year on June 1st, but I did not make any announcements or anything.

Anonymous said...

My blog is almost 2 years old!

Anonymous said...

Happy One Year Bloggiversary! My blog Table for Five just turned three :)

Anonymous said...

Happy One Year!

I love sports, so I totally understand the delay. For me, it's baseball and football, but my brother loves hockey. Of course, in the USA right now, the best sport is politics!

Majik2903 said...

Thanks for dropping a comment everyone, and Alan, what exactly does a hippo birdie look like?

Elizabeth, Happy 3 year blogiversary!

Melissa, are you planning anything special for when your blog turns 2?

Elaine said...

Congratulations on your blog's anniversary. My blog The Positive Side has been around since Feb, but I started blogging even way before that. It's just that I had problems with the domain of my first blog. :(

WebbieLady said...

Happy birthday to your blog. My first blog will turn a year old this December i think.. Still a long way for me to go... Congratulations! You also have a wonderful traffic. Wow!

Anonymous said...

Elaine thanks for stopping by, I've been enjoying some of your posts on The Positive Side for a little while now, will you be doing anything for your blogiversary?

WeblogLearner, thanks for stopping by. Will you be doing anything for your blogiversary? I still think my traffic could use some improvement.

bokjae said...

Hey! Congrats! Keep going man! Cheers!

Post a Comment