ss_blog_claim=8dcabb3175f064b32823a45ed345083b Majik's Thoughts: Prorogued

12/06/2008

Prorogued

Last Wednesday Stephen Harper convinced our Governor General to prorogue parliament. The Liberal and New Democrat coalition are trying to convince the general population that delaying the no confidence vote was running away from the issues. Rallies for both pro and anti coalition have been held across the Nation, Stephane Dion should not be allowed to grab power with a coalition including a party that only one province is allowed to vote for.

The Bloc Quebecois is not a national party, only residents of Quebec are allowed to vote for them. This makes them in my opinion a provincial party in the wrong level of the Canadian government. If I were allowed to vote for the Bloc Quebecois I might have a different opinion of them, but I really can not see the Montreal Canadiens as a team that is not part of Canada. Having the Bloc as part of the coalition makes me believe that the coalition is not good for country, never mind the fact that it is being lead by a party that 75% of the country did not vote for.

I still feel betrayed by the Liberals and NDP; I am standing by my PM and hoping that cooler heads will prevail. The budget which will be the first thing tabled after parliament resumes in January should be interesting. The PM has called for a meeting with all of the provincial leaders to try and put the best budget forward that is in the interest of all Canadians. As for the coalition, I would rather have another election then have Stephane Dion as my PM; my vote counts too. What about you, are you pro or anti-coalition?

0 comments:

Post a Comment